Thursday, January 7, 2010

An induction nightmare...still waiting....

So who do I yell at?

I can't yell at the nurses when I call labor and delivery. Lord knows they are working their butts off every day and night. They are so sweet when I call.

I can't yell at the scheduler at my Dr's office because she is just doing what my Dr. tells her to.

I can't even really yell at my Dr because he is trying to deliver babies, see patients, and raise his own family. Being a business owner I appreciate that the guy needs his own life, too.

So who do I yell at? I can't take this anymore. Oh...I guess I should update you on what has been going on FOR THE PAST 4 DAYS. Maybe then you will at least want to yell with me to get some frustration out.

This is a picture of 3oz of gold...the exact amount I needed Karson to add to his weight at 36 weeks to qualify me for a medical induction.

The story:
I was scheduled for induction initially on Dec. 29th, but rescheduled to Jan. 4th (Monday) because they were all booked. For those who don't know I am an elective induction decided on by my Dr. because at 36 weeks my baby was only 100grams (3 oz) away from being a macrasomia baby, qualifiying me for a medical induction. That means the baby was/is BIG. So here I am, riding the line of needing a medical induction like I had with Kolton at 36 weeks because of the babies size. Only now I am 5 days from my due date, so I can't even fathom how big this guy is at this point.
Moving on to Monday. Waited, called, got the same story every couple of hours....we are full, we'll call when a bed opens up....waited. Then Tuesday morning the hospital tells me they'll call in the afternoon, while the scheduler at my Dr's office tells me they won't call me if I haven't been called by the morning and I will probably be rescheduled. So I wait, not knowing who to believe.
Monday evening I call L&D (labor and delivery) they tell me they haven't called because my Dr. rescheduled me for Wed. night. Gee. Thanks for anyone calling me to tell me. I am such a wreck from not sleeping and the anxiety of all of this that Ben and I decide to leave Kolton at his parents again so I can get some sleep.
Wednesday morning I wake up feeling refreshed. Settled. Ready to make a plan. I decide that if I get bumped again I am going to march up to my Dr. and tell him to shove his induction where the sun don't shine. I am 5 days from my due date and will let nature do what it was meant to. Ben and I spend the day with Kolton...a wonderful day....and then drop him back off again at his parents. My spirits begin to decline. The 3rd night away from my baby Kolton.
Wednesday night I wait....I call....I'm smart enough to go to bed this time. Good thing I did because I wake up from dreaming about yelling at my Dr. and see it is already 4am. NO CALL. The nurses in L&D tell me they see a light at the end of the tunnel and I should be called after 7am. I watch a movie and go back to bed at 6am. Wake up at 8am and decide this is over. I'm done.
So here we are. I just called L&D again and they're telling me to go about my day and I should get a call in the afternoon. Ya f'n right. I call my Dr.'s office and of coarse the scheduler doesn't answer her phone. I decided I will bug her ever 30min until I get in to see my Dr. today because I AM DONE.

Now who would you yell at?

No comments:

Post a Comment