Welcome to weeks 2 and 3 of BodyBack! Holy rollercoaster is all I can say. I refer to it as the good, the bad, and the ugly. :)
- Lost 3.4 lbs at Week 2 weigh in!
- Feel STRONG
- LOVE the inspiration and motivation from my fellow Mama's
- LOVE that I pulled my instructor and another mama, who were holding me back w/ elastic bands around my waist, across an entire basketball court!
- I have only had 1 cup of coffee (today) and 2 Starbuck's since starting BB. And my tummy is thanking me for cutting out the caffeine.
- I am receiving compliments almost daily about how good I am looking. Not just run of the mill, "You look good today", but "Wow. I didn't even recognize you." compliments. Makes my heart smile because I have worked so hard. I have lost almost 45lbs since October now. Only 15lbs to get to pre-Kolton weight.
- The boys and I all caught Strep Throat last week. Made for a very hard week 2.
- Had to miss the first Sat. class because of the Strep Throat.
- The next Saturday (a few days ago) was our first "travel" class where we run and do workout stations every mile. It was awful for me. I was only 5 days into my Strep Throat fiasco and boy did I feel it. (See Ugly)
- freaking push-ups are my arch enemy
- I really REALLY want to eat chips and salsa. Daily. Screw the sweets. I've never been a sweet eater...oh, but chips and salsa....
- I had a public breakdown after my run last Saturday. I was so frustrated with the way I felt for the whole 4 mile run. In fact, on the last mile my head checked out of the game and started repeating the following, "This is shitty. This run sucks. This is a shitty run." Excuse the cursing, but that is my fisherman's wife mind talking. With the impending Half Marathon I wanted to lay down and die. I couldn't believe I was struggling w/ 4 miles and in a week I would have to run 13.1. hahahahaha Evil mind tricks. Anyway, I broke down. But thank you to the Mama's I picked myself up. Last night I had a GREAT workout. Today I had a tired, but GREAT workout. So I am feeling much better.
- 13.1 miles is ugly. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. Just ugly. And that is why it must be killed.
Which leads me to the following:
In just 5 days I will be running my 2nd Half Marathon. My goal is to shave 20 minutes off of my time and HAVE FUN.
At least the run should be GORGEOUS...through Newport Beach...I can't wait for the ocean air. That is reason enough to run! With that said here are some motivational running quotes to get myself and anyone else in the right frame of mind. :)
"In running, it doesn't matter whether you come in first, in the middle of the pack, or last. You can say, I have finished. There is a lot of satisfaction in that.
- Fred Lebow, New York City Marathon co-founder
"Running is the greatest metaphor for life, because you get out of it what you put into it."
- Oprah Winfrey
"Racing teaches us to challenge ourselves. It teaches us to push beyond where we thought we could go. It helps us to find out what we are made of. This is what we do. This is what it's all about."
- PattiSue Plumer, U.S. Olympian
"Ask yourself: Can I give more? The answer is usually: Yes."
-Paul Tergat, Kenyan professional marathoner
"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start."
- John Bingham, running speaker
" You also need to look back, not just at the people who are running behind you, but especially at those who don't run and never will...those who run but don't race...those who started training for a race but didn't carry throught...those who got to the starting line but didn't cross the finish line...those who once raced better than you but no longer run at all. You're still here. Take pride in wherever you finish. Look at all of the people you've outlasted."